AP Studio Art Portfolio & College Submission Presentation for Parents & Students
Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016, 11-1 p.m., Riley St. Art Supply, San Rafael, CA
(FREE with Registration thru San Rafael’s Riley St. Art Supply, www.rileystreet.com
Are YOU or your student interested in submitting an AP Studio Art Portfolio for College credit? OR Applying to Art School? Would you like to feel confident about your work & its quality? Then THIS is a presentation you want to attend!
Mark Wangberg, MFA, has been mentoring students for both AP Studio Art Portfolio submissions and successful art school applications for over 25 years. His students have graduated from some of the most prestigious college and university art programs in the country and are now working as car designers (Volvo, 3 Concept cars produced last year!), toy designers (Burger King), Jewelry Designers (Tiffany’s), Graphic Designers (NYC, etc.), and are also professors in a variety of fields! Mark’s presentation will cover what working with him can do to help you or your student prepare a strong portfolio for AP or art school submission. Riley Street Art Supply will be offering a series of follow-up classes and workshops for interested students.
Advantages of working with Mark Wangberg as a Mentor:
- Working with an experienced professional who has assisted art students successfully prepare and apply to some of the very TOP schools in the USA!
- 30 + years experience in the arts!
- AP is a NATIONAL program and all submission materials and practices are standardized.
- My written and verbal instructions for preparation and practice BEFORE applying to a school or getting a portfolio review will significantly reduce stress.
- My track record of success with AP scores is exceptional, placement of students in the RIGHT program is exceptional… A 10th grade student under my direction last year got a 5 (highest score possible) on the AP 2-D Design Portfolio. Another student working with me got a 5 on the AP 3-D Portfolio and was asked by the College Board to use HIS images in training AP Art teachers. SIX out of 10 students scored 5’s in one year’s submissions!
Mark comes to this area from Philadelphia where he worked extensively with world renowned Book Artist Hedi Kyle during & after his MFA Book Arts program at the University of the Arts. His work has been exhibited at MarinMOCA, RiskPress Gallery in Sebastopol, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Water Gallery, 23 Sandy Gallery, the University of the Arts and in Ghana, Nigeria, & the Amazon. His collaboration with David Gillespie, Colophon of Conversation, is in 500 Handmade Books. HIs books and art works are in public & private collections. Mark has been a poet for over 40 years, publishing in national journals and teaching both creative writing and visual arts all over the USA and in Nigeria, Ghana and Peru. He is a Michigan native, transplanted to the Philadelphia area for the last 30 years, and now resides in San Rafael. He taught part-time at the University of the Arts and the New Hampshire Institute of the Arts. He presented programs and Workshops at MarinMOCA this year on Hedi Kyle’s innovative Book Arts folded structures and exhibited there in the Altered Book Show in 2013, 2014 and 2015. His book “Letter To Myself” was also in the Bibliophoria III show at the Sebastopol Center for the Arts! A special area of expertise for Mark is prepping students for successful application to some of the best Art Schools in the country and HIGH scores on the AP Studio Art Portfolios. HIs former students are car designers (Volvo - 3 concept cars in one year!), toy designers (Burger King), graphic designers, jewelry designers, fashion designers, teachers and art professors! Mark and his wife Connie Grauds also lead trips to the Amazon! Experience art & artists IN the Amazon!